I love the idea of a reflection post – something to summarize and look back on and so for the first time ever I want to introduce my (going to be annual) end of the year post:
The Highs and Lows of 2017
2017 was a year for the books – that’s for sure.
It was filled with some of the most incredible moments, but also some of the worst days of my life. It was an incredibly beautiful, terrible, bittersweet collection of moments and so I decided to try and sum it up in a series of thoughts, lists and pictures.
Because, let’s be real, my entire life is just never ending thoughts, lists and pictures.
- Getting engaged to my best friend. It was a surprising, hilarious, sweet as pie moment and I will relish it for the rest of my life. And don’t even get me started on my ring cause I am still swooning.
- Visited Austin, TX – my farthest trip west (in the USA) so far!
- Visited Chicago, IL… in February. In the freaking cold. It was gorgeous – but frickin FREEZING.
- Visited Huntington, NY – We tried the newly renovated Swallow restaurant and it was incredible! Check out their menu here: . It was savory, lovely, modern yet so homey and no, I do not have any pictures of the food because I ate it WAY to fast.
- Visited Toronto and Niagara Falls, Canada. It was a lovely trip filled with snow, chocolate, family and fun. It was also 10 degrees every day and I froze partially.
- I got to start planning my wedding and I bought my dress. It is so beautiful I just about die every time I think of it!
- Got to see my best friend (Hi Lacey!) TWICE! What a feat considering she lives in FL and I live in PA.
- Found a gigantic salt lamp on the side of the road – this gets a mention cause its huge and would have cost me $$$$$$ but I got it for FREE.99
- Was gifted beautiful crystals by my friends and family
- Became more self aware and delved deeper into my purpose and passions. I grew personally with the help of books, seminars, podcasts and connections.
- Saw my family so so much
- Reached new ranks and achievements within my Young Living Business
- I struggled with the worst depression I have ever experienced in my life for more than 10 months before seeking treatment beyond therapy and oils. It was crippling and life threatening and every single day was incredibly difficult to manage. It showed me a dark dark side of my being that I had not experienced before and don’t ever want to again.
- Gained back a lot of weight that I had previously lost – mostly due to not eating or over eating during different depressive episodes.
- Struggled, and failed, at leading my team, and then had to sort through and deal with that failure and that loss, and start to rebuild it back up.
- Fell back in my business, twice.
- Lost any and all motivation for my creative passions, also a result of my depression.
- Had two very scary family emergencies (both members are okay, but it was horrifying and traumatizing).
- Developed, out of nowhere and for the first time in my life, and incredible fear of heights. I mean, I’ll go up to the top, but I won’t leave the wall… It is a frustrating feeling and one I have never had to deal with before.
- I fell sick more times than I’d like to admit. I had pneumonia, the flu, three bad colds, a busted knee, a viral chest thing that hurt like a mother trucker. My body was worn down and then worn down some more and I felt like I never had time to properly heal and catch up before being knocked back down again.
So. 2017 was a weird year. Some of the best highs and some of the worst lows. It was a year of hardship and love so intertwined that there are moments when I am unable to tell them apart.
It makes me grateful for all that I have and for the support and love that I am surrounded with.
It also makes me hopeful for what 2018, and the rest of my life brings.
Cheers to a new year, ya’ll. Wish me luck as I am ready.for.it.